…So around my house (and around my business) anytime anyone hears me say “…hey I was thinking…I have an idea that we should do (insert project here)…” everyone usually runs.
Because that usually means a project, of which I have no idea of how to execute, no idea of how long it its going to take and no idea of what really I want them to do.
All I have is the end vision. A vision that no one else can see…that I am not real great at explaining and I certainly do not have the brawn to do all by my lonesome. Which means there are going to be people coerced into said project…usually against their will.
Not sure why…but that is how I roll. I also have an uncanny ability to convince people that it will be easier than it usually is and that the end result will be cool and very worth it. Usually my husband is one of the first recruits…
One Friday afternoon I decided that the weird beige tile behind the stove with the strange grape goblet motif had to go. And it needed to go that weekend. In its place, I declared, would be a Penny Wall.
How hard could that be? Just take the tile off and put paste some pennies up…Easy Peasy. Well, not so much. The tile took down the drywall…which now needed to be completely redone. Oops!
So our romantic date night turned into a run to the home depot drywall department…followed by dinner at Chili’s.
After everything was patched and a sticky backing put up to adhere the pennies to….we began placing the pennies. About 4000 of them to be exact. And yes…we carefully placed them with alternating heads and tails…for about the first two rows. Then we realized that was going to take way too long and way too many brain cells…and began sticking them up serendipititously. In other words as fast as we could.
As you can see from the picture below…that first two rows was a picture of me when I still thought it was a good idea….about 5 hours in…maybe not so much.
But it was so worth it…We love the new backsplash…and it goes perfectly with the vintage industrial vibe we have going on in the house…
On to the next project….